This message was preached by Colin D cruz on the 9th of June at Word of Grace Church. You can download or listen to the audio mp3 by clicking here
- It is a great privilege as I said before. Today there is a big stigma attached to childlessness. It is in God’s hands so when you are struggling to have children do not fight with each other.
- Our role is to look at our heavenly father and model him. We all have earthly fathers and we know that they are not perfect. It’s sad when the bad things have been passed on viz violence, addictions etc.
- Provide for your children – it’s a father's responsibility.
- Teach them. Deut 6:7 impress them on your children. It’s a father’s responsibility to teach the children the ways of the Lord. At home the father’s role is to be the spiritual priest. If you have not started it’s not too late. The Spiritual nurturing of your children is up to you and its your responsibility and not that of the Sunday school which takes place for only half hour a week. Bless them before they go to school.
- Discipline them 0 in love. In India we let the kids run loose and wild and when they are adults everyone want to control them. Heb12
- Model it – In everything we do we need to model it. Your children are watching you. It’s a rewarding job. We have a great responsibility and opportunity to leave behind a great legacy.
Word of Grace is an Evangelical (Born Again), Spirit filled (Charismatic), Reformed, English speaking church in Pune that upholds the Bible as God's inspired Word for life. We are a church community that have people from every part of India and parts of the world. We are here to put the Great Command and the Great Commission into practice by equipping and releasing every member into works of service. To know more about us please log onto www.wordofgracechurch.org.
English Language Service 10am