|Discipleship Goal #2 -Public Worship|
Types of Church Goers
What the is Biblical command and Example of public worship each Sunday?
Practice of the first church Acts 2:42
Custom of Jesus – Luke 4:16
It’s commanded in Scripture – Heb 10:24-25
It’s modeled by the apostles – 1 Cor 5:4
What is the purpose of our gathering?
- - Declare his praises 1 Pet 2:5,9
- - Build the church through spiritual gifts & encouragement
- - All given gifts to be used 1 Cor 12:7
- - Confession of Sin Jas 5:16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other
- - Encourage one another Heb 3:13
- - Practice “one anothers” of Scripture.
- - Fulfill our hearts longing to be together with other believers –
- - Thanksgiving 1 Thess 5:18
- - Intercession 1 Tim 2:1
What is your Participation Level ?
Un-involved, disinterested, bordering on hostile
Owning the meeting
- - Pray for the meeting and come with your heart prepared to receive and to share
- - Show up early to serve
- - Using our Spiritual Gifts – tongues, prophecy, gifts of healing, message of wisdom, words of knowledge, visions, …
- - Public Participation – Pray, Praise, Thanksgiving, Testimony, Bring a Word, Prophecy, Spiritual Gifts, Giving
- - Praise Ps 22:22 22 I will declare your name to my brothers; in the congregation I will praise you.
- - Prayer – Acts 4:22-31
- - Thanksgiving –
- - Intercession
- - Caring for people (helping visitors navigate the service and the facilities)
- - Singing, clapping, raised hands, dancing, jumping, shouting, …