Wednesday, September 2, 2015
Victorious Living| Praveen Darole
This message was preached by Praveen Darole at Word of Grace Church on the 30th of August 2015. To listen/download the audio please click here
Today we will look at Joshua 10 where the sun stands still. What a miracle! Joshua is about to enter into the promises of God. The Nation of Israel was taken out of bondage to step into His promises. God has not only brought us out of darkness but has also brought us into his promises. We are given the Holy Spirit so that we can live for him.
As a church we don’t stand in front of the red sea but at the river Jordan. It was always God’s plan for us to enter into his promises. In the wilderness there was manna, water, their clothes and footwear did not wear off, and when they grumbled, they even got quail.
God’s provision in the wilderness is his grace, but he doesn’t want us to stay in the wilderness. He wants us to be in the land filled with milk and honey.
The promise land is the heavenly kingdom, but it is not only that. His promises are for here and now. In Joshua 10:1-26, Joshua and the people of Israel are taking ground. In this, we see the following things:
1. Entering the promises of God is not without challenges: Jesus said, “ In this world, you will have trouble”. In this passage, we see 5 kings coming against Joshua- 5 powerful armies. Sometimes, life can be like that when everything is coming to you at once. Where there is a challenge after challenge without a period of rest. Let’s not be thrown back when things come against us. Take heart. If you are serious about entering the promises of God, you’ve got to be prepared to face challenges.
2. Greater the challenge, greater the promise: As Joshua is going into battle, God promises him, “Do not be afraid of them, I’ve given them into your hands...” In the time of challenges, remind yourself of God’s greater promises. His promises are an amazing assurance.
3. Greater the promises, greater the prayer: Joshua prays an extraordinary prayer. He is willing to make these prayers because he knows God can do great things. It says in verse 14 that there has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the Lord listened to a human being. It is time for us to make great prayers, that have never been made before, that are worthy of a great God. Let’s make prayers that only God can answer.
4. Greater the prayers, greater the miracles: There were great miracles that took place in this chapter as Joshua made these great prayers-
a. Even before the fight began, there is confusion in the enemy camp
b. There are hailstorms which only kill the enemy soldiers.
c. The sun itself stands still and delayed going down by a full day.
People want explanations for everything. God is a miracle working God. Don’t fall into the deception that there needs to be an explanation for it.
Q. What are the steps of faith that God is calling you to take?
5. Finally, greater the miracles, greater the victory: God is about a great victory- in your life, city and nation. Believe it. We want to see miracles we’ve never seen before. Be reminded of the greater Joshua. The one who comes to our rescue when we call out to him. It is in him that these promises are yes and amen. The one true miracle working God who won a great victory on the cross. His name is Jesus. I pray you will believe and make great prayers.
Word of Grace is an Evangelical (Born Again), Spirit filled (Charismatic), Reformed, English speaking in Pune that upholds the Bible as God's inspired Word for life. We are a church community that have people from every part of India and parts of the world. We are here to put the Great Command and the into practice by equipping and releasing every member into works of service. To know about us please log onto www.wordofgracechurch.org.