Wednesday, April 15, 2020
The Table Of The Covenant of Peace
This message was shared by Debbie Vartak during the time we shared Communion together. This is part one of a two-part series.
Luke 22: 19 – 20
19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”
20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.
As we come to, This Table of Covenant, the Lord is saying “Do this in remembrance of Me.”
Through the elements of the table and His sacrifice, we remember that WE ARE NO ORDINARY PEOPLE. Remember my table represents the Covenant of Peace I made with my people….. I WILL BE THEIR GOD AND THEY WILL BE MY PEOPLE.
Eze 27:26 – 27.
I will make a COVENANT OF PEACE with them. And what is this Covenant :
- It will be an everlasting covenant. (for always, even for today….).
- I will establish them (we his people).
- I will MULTIPLY THEM and INCREASE THEIR NUMBERS (This is the most opportune time)
- I will put my sanctuary among them forever.
- I will put my dwelling place among them forever…i.e. I will be WITH THEM (not disappear as some leaders in this world during this difficult time).
- I will be their God (to worship, to deliver, to protect, to provide…. Anything HE CAN DO IT ALL).
- And they will be MY PEOPLE (He owns us… we carry HIS NAME as the blood on the doorpost so the angel of death will pass us by).
At the cross this was fulfilled. Jesus became our God and we His people. He took away the fear that seizes our hearts in these distressful times, he took the stress, anxiousness, and unrest and worry of today and tomorrow…
I will be your God. When he said “I” he did not designate a third party to be the source of our provision, protection and salvation, but HE promised us HIMSELF.
- I won’t allow you to experience the threatening, fearful plague we see surrounding us.
- I , He says, am amongst you…..and will be that wall of protection, the antidote to this disease, the provision for anything you require.
Through the blood he made a covenant, a promise, a promise of peace that bridged the gap between a holy God and a sinful people.
- I will set up my sanctuary in the midst of you. He lives in our hearts.
- I will be your God and you my people.
This is my body…. Jesus then took another cup …. The cup is the new covenant between God and his people, an agreement, confirmed with his blood, poured out as a sacrifice for us for the forgiveness of sins… a Passover from the old to the new.
Thus through this COVENANT OF PEACE…. He brought us Peace that IS THE ANSWER AND COVERS EVERY SITUATION in our lives… I WILL BE THEIR GOD and THEY WILL BE MY PEOPLE.